This 5-day workshop engages teachers across grades 4 – 14 as learners while modeling fully the Standards for Mathematical Practice (SMP) that are at the heart of the CCSS.
The workshop focuses on the core CCSS content for Probability across grades 6 through 9. Participants deepen their understanding of the mathematics of probability and learn how to bring the Standards for Mathematical Practice to life in their classrooms. They engage as independent problem solvers and in small collaborative groups with tasks that are classroom appropriate. Assessment practices that optimize student learning are modeled.
Participants have opportunities to develop and/or deepen their own mathematical understandings of a range of mathematical ideas, including:
- theoretical and experimental probability
- diverse models for determining probability (for example: area models, tree diagrams, organized lists, matrices)
- events, possible outcomes, defining and constructing sample space
- Law of Large Numbers
- computation and interpretation of expected value in simple cases
- inductive and deductive reasoning
- mathematically convincing arguments
INTERESTED IN THIS WORKSHOP? PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SCHEDULING INFORMATION.