MEC Model Components engage diverse audiences with mathematics, issues and proven strategies to help all students reach their mathematical potential.
Components of MEC’s Community Engagement Model ensure that educators, parents and community members actively engage with mathematics and consider relevant issues in mathematics education. Components prepare participants to implement strategies to help each child learn the mathematics they need in school and after graduation. MEC components offer a range of learning opportunities for each audience over a five-year period.
In addition, the substantive leadership development strand embedded in multiple components prepares communities to sustain continuous mathematics improvement, reaching the ultimate goal: every student achieving her or his mathematics potential.
- Community Math Nights
- Community-Business Advocacy Committees
- Mathematics Content Courses
- Numerical Reasoning Workshops
- Administrator Mathematics Leadership
- Teacher Mathematics Leadership
- Regional Mathematics Leadership
- Higher Ed-MEC Partnerships
- Pre-service Program
- National Networks
- Innovation, Reflection, Sustainability