The MEC Resources section highlights new and treasured resources for educators and others interested in improving mathematics teaching and learning. These valued tools promote thoughtful dialogue and inform and support educators and the public as they work to improve mathematics education. Policy-makers also use these resources.
MEC resources, including the most recent publication, Supporting School Mathematics, guide educators as they work with colleagues, parents/families and community members. Links to information, websites and position statements by professional mathematics organizations are included in this section.
MEC materials include:
- Supporting School Mathematics
- Mathematical Power: Lessons from a Classroom
- Alternative Procedures and Algorithms for Computation
- Mathematically Powerful Students
- The Culture of Mathematics and the Culture of School Mathematics
- Instructional Practice: Focused Survey