MEC’s vision is for all students and teachers to be powerful users of mathematics. Our vision shapes MEC’s mission.
We envision mathematics classrooms where all students and teachers:
- think, reason, and use mathematics to make sense of the world around them
- have a sound conceptual understanding of mathematics
- understand number system, number relationships and concepts underlying operations
- choose and apply appropriate strategies and algorithms to solve problems
- use the tools of mathematics efficiently
- work persistently to solve real, challenging and relevant problems
- engage actively in learning mathematics.
MEC’s mission is to work in concert with educational communities to make this vision a reality.