Developing & Assessing Mathematics Understandings
Statistics and quantitative reasoning are central to the new Common Core State Standards. They are essential to success in the workplace of today and to success as an informed citizen. The ability to interpret numerical information, to deal with data thoughtfully, to ask critical questions, and to determine the logic of claims are all essential skills in the 21st Century.
This 9-day course focuses on the following:
- analyzing data and statistical arguments
- collecting and organizing data as a means of answering questions
- identifying trends in data
- tools to organize, interpret and represent data (for example: box and whisker, stem and leaf, circle graphs, line plots, histograms, scatter plots)
- measures of central tendency
- normal distribution and standard deviation
Participants with a wide range of mathematical dispositions benefit from the Reasoning About Data course. Those who love mathematics, those who tolerate it, and those who fear and avoid it all come to better understand how mathematical and quantitative literacy can be taught and learned within a safe environment where diverse ways of thinking and seeing are valued.
INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE? PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SCHEDULING INFORMATION.