Bringing the Standards for Mathematical Practice to Life in Grades 3-12 Classrooms
Whether you have tried Number Talks with your students before, or are new to Number Talks, this 2-day institute will help you learn how to make Number Talks a vibrant and essential part of your everyday classroom practice. Learn ways to:
- Connect Number Talks to numerical and algebraic reasoning
- Choose what Number Talks to do to help build important concepts and properties over time
- Get buy-in from students, even at the high school level
- Help students learn to make mathematically convincing arguments
- Receive a copy of the book Making Number Talks Matter
- Experience a learning environment that embodies the Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Learn ways to provide both support for struggling learners and challenges for successful learners without labeling or grouping students
Numerical reasoning is the foundation for success in algebra and beyond.
INTERESTED IN NUMBER TALK INSTITUTES? PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SCHEDULING INFORMATION.