MEC Number Talks Support Modules
These MEC Number Talks Support Modules were developed as a part of the 2017-2020 project Transforming Mathematics Classrooms through Number Talks: A Leadership Academy in Washington State, funded partially by College Spark Washington.
They were intentionally designed to be used exclusively by prepared leaders to support practitioners who also have experienced MEC's 2-day Number Talks Institute.
1) Modules are to be facilitated only by NTSTs (Number Talks Support Teachers) who
- have participated in MEC's Number Talks Leadership Academy (summer academies, school-year webinars, and online surveys).
- have experienced the same modules first as learners through MEC's Number Talks Leadership Academies.
- have put the ideas in the modules to work in a classroom (for example, an NTST should not facilitate the Nudging module until they have used the Nudging approaches and reflected upon their use in a classroom)
2) Modules are intended for use with practitioners who
- have previously attended one of MEC's 2-day Number Talk Institutes.
- are attempting to implement Number Talks into a classroom
3) All modules are to remain intact and used as designed. As facilitators, NTSTs will certainly make adjustments (ordering of activities, time spent on each activity, etc.) as needed to meet the needs of their particular group. However, modules should not be disassembled and used in ways that differ significantly from those described in the materials.
4) All who participate in a Number Talks Support Module will participate in the online survey using the link at the end of each module's PowerPoint slide show.